In April 2010, Noah founded The People of Detroit portraiture project. The project was created as a counterpoint to media fixated on abandoned buildings in the storied birthplace of American auto manufacturing. Noah's commercial career began in earnest when in 2011 former Draft FCB executive creative director Hweebeng Poh saw the project on Flickr and hired Noah to shoot an ad campaign for McDonald's Corporation in Shanghai, China.
TPOD has since earned national and international accolades including a grant from the Knight Foundation (2012) and a list-leading feature in Complex Magazine's "20 Detroit Artist You Should Know" (2014). Noah works full-time as a photographer and writer in his native Detroit.
- Complex Magazine | article
- CNN/HLN | article
- The Huffington Post Detroit | article
- RougeHAA Design | profile
- Hour Detroit Magazine | "Metro Detroit's Popular Bloggers
- I Am Young Detroit | profile
- A Melbourne, Australia high school student's blog | article
- The Candid Frame | profile